We are business brokers that focus on selling companies in Canada. We are a Vancouver based company and specialize in dealing with the sale of companies that are valued up to $5 million. Our role is to establish an accurate market price for a business, confidentially market that business, help in negotiating the terms of a transaction and advise and guide buyers and sellers through the due diligence process.
We are a success-driven company that gets compensated only when the transaction successfully concludes.
Our process begins by providing you with an objective and independent business valuation so that you get a realistic value for your business and therefore no false hopes or expectations. On the marketing side - over the past number of years we have developed a large database of business owners, investors and potential buyers which is constantly being added to. As a result our clients obtain immediate responses and do not have to wait months to receive any interest.
The individuals at Reliant Commercial Inc. work closely with clients. We prepare all the required material needed to sell a business in a format that stands up to the scrutiny of the most thorough buyer and allows them and their advisors to make an informed decision.
We also provide value-added services, beyond finding a buyer: we show clients how business valuations are done, give advice and assistance in the negotiation stage and provide access to all related professional and financing services required to complete the transaction.
Proper planning to successfully exit a business can deliver tremendous value. If you are considering selling your business, professional advice is certainly useful.
2016 was a good year for Reliant Commercial Inc. and we are optimistic about 2017 because:
1. The BC economy is in good shape and with confidence growing amongst business owners looking to expand their businesses, acquisitions represent an immediate means of achieving growth.
2. Businesses that have been doing well and are able to provide confidence to buyers of their sustainability are now in a good position to sell.
3. There are numerous active buyers looking to acquire businesses. These buyers rely less on bank lending and are looking for good investment returns.
4. There is increasing demand from international buyers for businesses because of the positive outlook for BC and the attractiveness of Canada in general.
Which businesses will sell in 2017?
Businesses which sell typically have the same traits, they:
• Operate in a niche market with some barriers to entry.
• Have consistent recurring revenue.
• Good profit margins.
• Demonstrate growth and also opportunities to expand.
Canada will see a major shift in business ownership in the coming years as the baby boomer generation moves to retire. Three in five owners of Canadian small and medium-sized businesses are 50 or older, and many are already thinking about selling or passing on their companies. By 2020 a staggering trillion dollars of Canadian business assets could be transferred (Canadian Federation of Independent Business). In order for your business to stand out in such a competitive market the benefits of professional representation should not be underestimated.
At Reliant Commercial, we are always willing to offer advice on the various issues related to selling a business.
Feel free to contact Christopher Juras on 604.786.2046.